Wetness 2145 High Solids Clear
Has exceptional leveling characteristics, excellent gloss retention and D.O.I. It is “water” clear, formulated with innovative resins and UV stabilizers to provide a durable, long‐lasting finish. Wetness 2145 high solids clear coat is ideal for multi‐panel or overall refinishing and utilizes a variable speed catalyst system to provide consistent performance in a variety of weather conditions. Comparable to your favorite company’s show clear, but at a much more reasonable price point.
|2 Parts||1 Part|
|W-2145||WA-160 (60°F – 75°F)|
|WA-175 (75°F – 90°F)|
NOTE: Make sure product is at room temperature (72°F) before mixing.
- Apply basecoat color according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Apply two wet coats of Wetness‐2145, allowing 10 minutes flash time between coats
|Air Dry @ 70°F||Dust Free||15 Minutes|
|To Deliver||8-12 Hours|
|Force Dry||Purge Time||20 Minutes|
|30 minutes @ 140°F/60°C (metal temp)|
|Buffing Times||Air Dry||8-12 Hours|
|Force Dry||After Cool Down|
- Wetness 2145 can be reduced 5% with Reducer
- Adding reducers will decrease dry film thickness
- Adding standard grade urethane reducers will increase VOCs
- A minimum of 2 mils dry‐film‐thickness is required for optimum UV resistance
- Apply basecoat color per manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Allow 15 minutes dry time per coat before applying clearcoat.
- In temperatures below 70°F, a longer dry time is necessary for each coat of basecoat.
- Thoroughly tack surfaces to be painted with a clean tack cloth before applying clearcoat.
RECOAT INSTRUCTIONS If recoating after 24 hours, then sand with 1000 grit sandpaper before recoating. On sand‐thru areas, apply heat before recoating to eliminate featheredge lifting.
|Mix Ratio||2:1 (5%Reducer Optional)|
|Pot Life||1 hour @ 72°F/22.2°C, 50% realative humidity|
|Gun Setup||1.2mm – 1.4mm|
|Air Pressure||8‐10 psi HVLP|
|40‐45 psi Conventional|
|% Solids by Weight||45% (Sprayable, no reducer)|
|Shelf Life (Unopened)||12 months|