Ultimate 4132 Universal Clear Coat
A two component, acrylic urethane universal clear coat designed for spot, panel and overall refinish jobs. It is fast-drying, easy to use and provides a durable finish with excellent gloss. It is National Rule compliant.
|4 Parts||1 Part|
|UC-4132||UA-60 (60°F – 70°F)|
|UA-80 (70°F – 80°F)|
|UA-90 (80 – 90°F+)|
NOTE: Make sure product is at room temperature (72°F) before mixing.
- Apply basecoat color according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Apply 2 – 3 wet coats of Ultimate 4132 Universal clear coat (2.2 – 3.6 mils @ 1.2 mils per coat)
- Flash for 5 – 10 minutes depending on activator used.
- Keep spray gun nozzle 6 – 10 inches from the vehicle to avoid entrapment of air in paint film.
- Always keep containers tightly closed to prevent moisture contamination.
- Clean equipment thoroughly after use.
|Air Dry @ 75°F||Dust Free||5-8 Minutes|
|To Deliver||8-12 Hours @ 75º F|
|Force Dry||Purge Time||10 Minutes|
|30 minutes @ 130° F/54.4° C (metal temp)|
|Flash Time||Air Dry||8-12 Hours|
|Force Dry||1 Hour After Cool Down|
- Do not flash for more than 1 hour between coats.
- A minimum of 2.2 mils dry‐film‐thickness is required for optimum UV resistance.
- Apply basecoat color per manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Allow 15 minutes dry time before applying clearcoat.
- In temperatures below 70°F, a longer dry time is necessary for each coat of basecoat.
- Thoroughly tack surfaces to be painted with a clean tack cloth before applying clearcoat.
RECOAT INSTRUCTIONS If recoating after 24 hours, then sand with 1000 grit sandpaper before recoating. On sand‐thru areas, apply heat before recoating to eliminate featheredge lifting.
|Pot Life||2 hours @ 75°F/25°C, 50% relative humidity|
|Gun Setup||1.3mm – 1.4mm|
|Air Pressure||8-10 psi HVLP|
|40-45 psi Conventional|
|% Solids by Weight||32% (Sprayable, no reducer)|
|Shelf Life (Unopened)||12 months|