SEF Flat Clear Coat
A two component, urethane clearcoat formulated for multiple gloss levels depending on the mix ratio. It can be used for undersides of hoods, door jambs, backsides of fenders and quarter panels. SEF Flat Clear Coat has excellent UV resistance and can be used on exterior panels. It is fast-drying, easy to use and provides a durable finish with excellent gloss. It is National Rule compliant.
|SEF Clear Coat
NOTE: Make sure product is at room temperature (72°F) before mixing.
- Apply basecoat color according to manufacturer’s recommendations
- Apply 2 wet coats of SEF Clear Coat (2.2 – 3.6 mils @ 1.2 mils per coat)
- Flash for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Keep spray gun nozzle 6 – 10 inches from the vehicle to avoid entrapment of air in paint film.
- Always keep containers tightly closed to prevent moisture contamination.
- Clean equipment thoroughly after use.
|Air Dry @ 70°F||Dust Free||10 Minutes|
|To Deliver||8-12 Hours|
|Force Dry||Purge Time||15 Minutes|
|30 minutes @ 140°F/60°C (metal temp)|
- Do not flash for more than 1 hour between coats. If more than 1 hour @ 70°F (21°C) is reached, wait at least 5 hours and scuff with a red or gray scuff pad before applying more clear or basecoat. Lightly scuff surface and degrease before application.
- A minimum of 2.2 mils dry‐film‐thickness is required for optimum UV resistance.
- Apply basecoat color per manufacturer’s recommended procedures.
- Allow 15 minutes dry time before applying clearcoat.
- In temperatures below 70°F, a longer dry time is necessary for each coat of basecoat.
- Thoroughly tack surfaces to be painted with a clean tack cloth before applying clearcoat.
RECOAT INSTRUCTIONS If recoating after 24 hours, then sand with 1000 grit sandpaper before recoating. On sand‐thru areas, apply heat before recoating to eliminate featheredge lifting.
|Mix Ratio||4:1, 5:1, 6:1|
|Pot Life||60 minutes @ 72°F/22.2°C, 50% relative humidity|
|Gun Setup||1.2mm – 1.4mm|
|Air Pressure||8-10 psi HVLP|
|40-45 psi Conventional|
|% Solids by Weight||35% (Sprayable, no reducer)|
|Shelf Life (Unopened)||12 months|