Don’t want to watch the video? No problem we got you covered with this quick set of step by step instructions.
Image Transfers On Custom Paint
- Prep your painted surface (if it’s already been clear coated, sand with 500 grit)
- Grab your waterslide decal paper for your printer
- Use ink jet for ink jet printers, use laser for laser printers
- Be careful, there are 2 types of paper as well, white & clear.
- Clear = for light & white colored backgrounds
- White = for dark colored backgrounds
- Print your image onto the paper and cut out to fit the area of your project.
- Soak the image in a bowl/pan of water. This will release the paper backing from the printed image.
- Place the image down on the painted surface. Use wet towel to help to remove air bubbles & excess water.
- Once all water has evaporated, mist 2-3 coats of intercoat clear on top to lock it down. You want mist coats so that the solvents don’t wrinkle the image.
- Once that intercoat clear has flashed off for 20 minutes, spray 2-4 coats of 2k clear on top.
- After allowing the 2k clear to fully dry, sand with 500 grit to continue your paint work. You have now completed image transfers on custom paint.